Monday, August 31, 2020

I Don't Care, Care If It's Old

Brasileiro transforma Kurt Cobain em Batman com arte incrível

Art: @thebutcherbilly

People are talking about the new Batman movie on the internet for a little while. What really caught my attention was the Nirvana song on it. It's one of my favorite bands of all time, and when big media wants a part of it, you know it's something big. 

I mean, Nirvana is kinda mythical to be employed everywhere. Since Courtney Love intruded on the rights to use the band's catalog, not even the former members were able to use it anymore. There's "Cold Case" TV series which put a whole set of Nirvana songs on one episode to give a feel of the 90s. At that time, it really blew my mind, it felt special!

This new trailer rekindled that sentiment in me. If only Nirvana tunes were heard everywhere, maybe it didn't feel special at all. Then there's this "Batman" movie coming out, and a Nirvana song in it (at least in the trailer,) which really mixed well with the scenes. I thought it was pretty cool indeed! I didn't quite like the trailer itself though - oh, man, another Batman movie - but the song brought a new all perspective to it. 

I believe I'm ready to watch this Matt Reeves' film. I actually don't know what Kurt would say about this, and I'm not a fan of nostalgia. However, considering Nirvana as a favorite, it is all good then!


No comments:

Post a Comment