Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I´M OUT OF THE BED AND DRESSED - WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?*

* quote by Banksy

Ahh, while in Auckland, NZ, my girlfriend and I found time to watch 'Exit Through the Gift Shop', by Banksy, a British artist. It was better than expected, considering the fact Kat and I are both artists, well, in our free time, at least. She draws whatever entices her, unicorns, dolphins, yeah, kinda fairy things, and I, cartoons, people's face details...

Not only because of that we would watch this flick, but because it seemed really fun. Also it has been screening for a long time already and with so much buzz, we "needed" to see it. The result was really captivating!

Mr Brainwash (Guetta), Banksy (Banksy), Shepard Fairey, and others are amazing people.

Art was made very entertaining at 'Exit Through ...'. In the movie, Banksy says to anyone 'to do art.' I wouldn't be artsy on a regular basis. Maybe just in my 'free' time, and not so incisive as it is portrayed in the flick. The movie shows art mostly in this perspective, and as a share of the street art movement.

Going from art to fitness for a little while, the monthly publication Men's Health magazine has displayed on its pages that people who scribble and draw, develop mental focus and stimulate the brain.

Art is all about that. You make yourself entertained and develop new abilities. Mr Brainwash is a proof of that (!!) Well, Banksy may deny it, but I think he's a bit creative indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment